This section presents the priority programs of NOMCAARRD thus engines the consortium S&T operation throughout the region
Strategic Research and Development (R&D) is the pioneering banner program that sets the standard for the consortium’s S&T operations.
- Poverty alleviation and food security
- Global competitiveness
- Frontier and cutting-edge science
- Natural resource management & sustainable development
- Support to allied agricultural forestry services
Research Results Dissemination and Utilization
Research results dissemination and utilization are crucial to properly implement the R&D efforts in the region and to produce products and services thus guaranteeing that the outputs of R&D and Innovation be fully employed to boost the productivity of the agri-aqua and natural resources sectors.
- Information, Education, and Communication (IEC)
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Capability Building & Research and Development Governance
In essence, various governance strategies are being looked into to enhance the management of R&D systems. To ensure results and repercussions from limited R&D funding, NOMCAARRD ensures to increase the R&D capability enhancement and governance within the Consortium-member Institutions (CMIs).
- Enhancement of researcher’s skills
- Enhancement of program planning, monitoring, and evaluation systems (PPME)
- Expansion of R&D management and linkages
The PCAARRD monitors the policy environment to make sure it supports S&T investment and development in the AANR sectors. As a result, it keeps doing lobbying and analysis on macro-policy issues that have a big impact on the AANR sectors.
- Communication Research
- Sector/Issue-based policy advocacy
- Strategic assessment of policies